Sunday, September 17, 2006

Yeah, that's me...*confused*

You Are 45% Left Brained, 55% Right Brained

The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

I know "why" I'm confused. I'm a total "rule follower" but very organized regarding how I handle my tasks, etc. Oh...and pretty darn stubborn!

We decided to spend this weekend totally home. We've been running since Spring, or so it seems, and will travel again late this Fall. Yesterday was just wonderful, I spent the day doing 30 minute spurts of machine quilting (all my neck will allow), followed by 30 minute spurts of cleaning/organinzing my clutter. See? When the timer rings I get up and move, not ignore it and finish the seam like other right brainers.

I also finished my first sock. Not totally enthused with the Kitchener Toe finish, and neither is dh. I tried 3 times to do it myself, then asked my dh to read the directions over and over until I finished with all the stiches. I love the sock, pictures will follow another day, but the yarn was too bulky and I should have done the ribbing in a smaller gauge needle. I used 3.25 dpn bamboo, but heck, this was my first, what did I know!

We tried to get all our running out of the way Friday, and dh worked valently on getting the laundry caught up during the week. All that was left for this weekend was the weekly sheet load. DH worked on his "science experiment"...A SOLAR OVENfor camping! Here, the temperature was only around 225º, but with a little fiddling he achieved 260º, enough for the cup of tea which he presented to me!

I guess we are true midwesterners at heart and did a little "putting up for the winter", even tho we live in northern CA. Some of our running around included our favorite Omaha Meat Store, and picking up a rain-check of shrimp at Smart-n-Final a small warehouse store. Yes, I know there needs to be some airflow room, it does now, we've eaten a couple of helpings. We were able to get 26-2 people portions for $125. We buy from Omaha all the time, their meat quality is just the best, and it's all prepacked in individual portions. Someone forgot to remind us how small our freezer was and it was quite a challenge, but we did it!

Off to work some more on machine quilting my dd's last Chrismas quilt. I should have the MQ done today, and hopefully the binding made and attached. I'd L-O-V-E to get that darn thing in the mail today to Florida! Next project is MQ on a baby quilt to a family baby born in July...ahem.

3 comments:

Shelina said...

I buy a lot of frozen food too, and often have to figure out how to fit it all into the space. There were a couple of times I had to borrow my sister's freezer for the overflow. I am getting better about gauging the space though. I thought about getting a separate freezer, but think it is best that we try to make do with what we have - keeps me from buying too much.

Anonymous said...

OMG I got the SAME as you for that test!!

Anonymous said...

I'm 65% left and 35% right. I'm just glad I have any brain some days. hugs, Bev