Wednesday, January 24, 2007
OK, so I am (you pick the excuse you'd belive the most, lol):
Busy at work - the accountant left, I'm stuck doing her job as well(with NO education)
Watching paint dry - completely re-did the guest bathroom, including removing 80's floral wallpaper from walls that had not been primed or basecoated; painted and re-decorated.
Repacking boxes - did you know that if you leave boxes unopened, the stuff doesn't stay protected? It also doesn't put itself away. It may earn more value tho, it's lots of depression glass and crystal that I will someday sell!
Mentalpausing - tired, grumpy, not-able-to-create, hormonal...ok, add crabby too.
I'll be back!
I was tagged by dd#2 to do this 25 question meme!
1. If you could build a house anywhere, where would it be? Tucson, Arizona
2. What's your favorite article of clothing? Jeans
3. Favorite physical feature of the opposite sex? Smile
4. What's the last CD that you bought? I have NO clue
5. Where's your favorite place to be? In dh's arms, sorry, I'm still a romantic!
6. Where is your least favorite place to be? Anywhere where I feel COLD.
7. What's your favorite place to be massaged? Shoulders...feet...calves...ANY PLACE!
8. Strong in mind or strong in body? Mind
9. What time do you wake up in the morning? 4:30am...without the alarm...dang
10. What is your favorite kitchen appliance? Microwave, couldn't live without it anymore.
11. What makes you really angry? Company politics
12. If you could play any instrument, what would it be? Piano, better than I do.
13. Favorite colour? undeniably BLUE
14. Which do you prefer...sports car or SUV? SUV I guess, but I never want to own either one!
15. Do you believe in an afterlife? No
16. Favorite children's book? A Golden Book called, "Where's Goldie?"
17. What is your favorite season? FALL in the east, SUMMER in the west
18. Your least favorite household chore? Vacuuming, ugh
19. If you could have one super power, what would it be? strength
20. If you have a tattoo, what is it? heavens NO
21. Can you juggle? juggle...no; jiggle...you betcha
22. The one person from your past that you wish you could go back and talk to? My mother, I left way too many questions unanswered.
23. What's your favorite day? Friday, the last day I have to work each week.
24. What's in the trunk of your car? 1 frost scraper...period.
25. Which do you prefer, sushi or hamburger? Sushi, but only cooked meat please. eel = YUM
If you want to be tagged, consider yourself TAGGED, just leave me a message! Participation encouraged...not mandatory, lol.
Sunday, January 07, 2007
I went to an IKEA store for the first time today! Oh my goodness, what an experience. It's a good thing we're getting ready to list our home on the market and my pursestrings were shut...I could have done some MAJOR damage! Every item you could imagine that is considered "storage" as well as kitchen cabinets, living room & patio furniture, dishes, glassware, etc., etc.!
WE still managed to spend $100 and purchased this nifty kit to turn this pile of "junque"
...into our well organized camping gear and paper good supply area!
If you haven't been to IKEA and have the chance, don't even THINK there's nothing there that you'd want (there's even chocolate!). So if you're even visiting relatives and they have an IKEA, tell them lunch is on you if they take you! Lunch was only $11 for dh & I to have chicken ceasar salads AT IKEA!
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Thanks to dd#2 I am able to share my dd#1's apparent happiness with her quilt. Thank you again dd, you're awesome, and you take good care of your Momma!
Living 2500+ miles from my 3 adult children is a large burden to carry. The computer (with instant messages and email), cell phones that are "inside the network" ( not to mention texting), and digital cameras all help facilitate a closeness that we 4 share.
So even tho we curse technology sometimes, I thank every convenience I enjoy. I'd be uncurably lonesome without it!
Monday, January 01, 2007
What I did for myself today:
8-8oz glasses of water (MAJOR achievement)
941 calories (out of 1530 permitted)
fat: 29.4 (out of 42.8 permitted)
carbs: 94.6 (out of 173.2 permitted...YEAH!)
protein: 84.1 (out of 112.8 permitted)
fiber: 26.9 (needed 25.0)
Oatmeal with walnuts for b'fast, a sandwich wrap and salad with sesame dressing for lunch, cauliflower, baked potato with fat free sour cream and bacon bits and steak for dinner. Snacks were an apple and 1 oz beef jerky.
I am following the Calorie King program, found at www.calorieking.com . It is a wonderful download (~$30) that has almost every food I've ever consumed, lol. Dh and I are in this together again, it sure does make it alot easier!
Off to do some knitting so I have something to show for WIP Wednesday!