Sunday, March 19, 2006

To Border or Not To Border...HELP!

This is a kit called BippetyBop that I purchased from The Glass Thimble while living near Columbus, Ohio. The kit was cut short and in order to do the first inner border, I had to add a fabric (the dark multi-colored fabric). This was the first pieced border I've ever done.

The pattern then called for a single color 2.5" border (of which there was NO fabric for) so I was going to punt and use the rest of the pieces leftover. I don't think I like this outer border period, and think I'll just bind in the dark multi-color and be done with it.

What is your idea?

(I don't have enough of the dark to do a full 2nd border, but do have enough for binding if I'm careful.)

10 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

I have clicked on the picture three times to really look it over with and without, and I like it with the border.

I love the bright colors!

Anonymous said...

I like the border and.....I think it still needs a little something on the other two sides. It doesn't HAVE to be the same border design as the ones on the ends (I know your are rollin' your eyes). (For those who don't know she's a bit anal and uneven doesn't even begin to exist in her work.) I'm thrilled at the design and it's not your usual. Good work girlfriend.

Dorothy said...

I like the borders. It's fun, unexpected.

Deb R said...

I LIKE the border! But it's your quilt. :-)

Kay said...

It's a great quilt. I like the border also. Can you make another strip of that border and audition it? You might be surprised. Goodd luck.

Debra Dixon said...

I go with more border too.

France C. said...

Another vote for the border! :) Great quilt!

Anonymous said...

I like the colors at the bottom and top, i think you should put that on the sides too and let that be that... it looks GOOD!

Deb Hardman said...

I Love this piece, But I would go find some nice hand dyed or Batik that goes with it & give it a nice frame that I would do some extra special quilting in. The way I framed the Maggie Walker Chickens quilt. You can see it on my webpage's LINKS page. I have a picture of it for the Anchorage Log Cabin Quilters link. But this is your quilt, so you do it YOUR way & I'm sure it will be great any way you choose!!!

Anonymous said...

I like it just as it is pictured - I LOVE the colors!!!