Sunday, October 08, 2006
Sorry for the over exposed picture, more will follow as I get this next project finished.
*edited to say...geez, can't even crop my pic properly these days!
This is my first attempt at meader machine quilting. I have been strictly a stitch-in-the-ditch kinda gal, or diagonal utility quilting. Those kinds are good for the anal. I know I need to GET OUT OF THE BOX, and this baby quilt was a good place to start. The colors are light/med sage greens, pale yellows, cheddars and bits of unbleached muslin and is made for my nephew's first son.
I've got alot of practicing to do, lol. I have problems keeping all the roundy parts roundy, and the stopping and starting are a bit rough. I kept repeating the "head and shoulders" mantra, but before I knew it I was off on all sorts of tangents.
I've got the first of my Charlie Brown socks (blogged below) more than 1/2 done, been working away at that two, alternating between knitting and sewing and catching up on TIVO'd programs, lol. It's amazing how far behind on my shows I can get with only 2 hours at home in the evening!
Hope your weekend was productive!